Forrest General Hospital's Spirit of Women Presents 'Tis the Season
Forrest General Hospital’s Spirit of Women has a gift for you this holiday season! ‘Tis the Season is a partnership between SOW, Hattiesburg Corner Market Locations, and 12 local restaurants, that will have your holidays seasoned to perfection. Instead of 12 Days of Christmas, Spirit of Women will provide 12 weeks of good eats! Participating restaurants include:
'Tis the Season for Our Favorite Things
It’s time to grab a cup of hot chocolate and tune into ‘Tis the Season for Our Favorite Things, hosted by Forrest General’s Spirit of Women. During the most wonderful time of the year… it can also be the busiest time of the year! Join us as our friends bring their “favorite things” to the table to help you stress less this holiday season. You’ll learn some simple tips and tricks that will elevate your party and leave your guests thinking you’ve hired Santa’s elves for the night. Be on the lookout for this festive, virtual experience that is sure to get you ready for hosting the Ho-Ho Holidays!
Forrest General Hospital's Spirit of Women Introduces
"Madalene's Moms" Classes in the New Year
In the new year, Forrest General Hospital’s Spirit of Women (SOW) will continue classes for new and expectant mothers but with a special touch. In memory of Madalene Daniell, who provided more than 40 years of Fitness for Two classes in the Pine Belt, classes will now be known as Madalene’s Moms. Daniell unexpectedly passed away in August of this year.
“While no one can replace Madalene, we want to continue to offer these classes to Pine Belt women as a tribute to her and to help those women who use our Women and Children’s Services,” said Millie Swan, Forrest Health vice president. “Madalene touched the lives of so many women and their children and we want to contribute to what she started.”
Helping continue what Daniell started is Amanda Sharp, who participated in Daniell’s classes as a new and expectant mom and who often filled as a substitute. Sharp will take over the classes to continue her predecessor’s incredible legacy.
“For the last eight years, Madalene was the biggest influence on who I am as a mother to my three sons,” said Sharp. “I am honored to be carrying on this wonderful legacy she left for mothers and their little ones in the Pine Belt. Madalene’s passing leaves some big shoes to fill. I’m going to do everything I can to honor her memory and make her proud as we move forward with the Madalene’s Moms classes.”
The classes being offered include:
- Pregnancy Exercise
- Coach’s Corner
- Mommie and Me: Just Movin’
- Mommie and Me: The First Year
Classes will once again be held in the Spirit of Women Conference Room at 28th Place (421 South 28th Avenue). The cost is $20 per four-week session. Space is limited.
Girl Talk Goes Virtual
Girl Talk is back! If you have a daughter or loved one between the ages of 8-13, invite them to Girl Talk! A virtual event featuring our very own healthcare expert, Hattie Forrester, MD, as she discusses puberty and what to expect during your period. To learn more, or watch this educational video, visit www.forresthealth.org/girltalk.
It's Time to
Lose Weight for Good!
Share your Forrest General experience by leaving a Rating or Review comment on Google or Facebook!
How to Leave a Google Review
Before leaving a review, please be sure to login to your Google account.
How to Leave a Facebook Review
Before leaving a review, please be sure to login to your Facebook account.
Now is the time to take advantage of the $9900 limited time, cash offer for laparoscopic gastric sleeve surgery. This special cash price offer from Forrest General’s Weight Loss Surgery Services and Hattiesburg Clinic Weight Management is for the first 50 patients who qualify for the surgery. The offer includes surgery, hospital fees, an overnight stay, surgeon’s fees and anesthesia for a savings of over $4000. As all patients are different and have different needs, some additional fees may apply. Give yourself the gift of losing weight for good! It’s time!
Rewards Partner Announcements
UPCOMING COOKING CLASSES
We’re kicking off our 75th year early! Up to 75% OFF everything in stock at both store locations. Located at Hwy. 98 West and The District at Midtown
ANNUAL OPEN HOUSE
December 3 – 5 and 10 – 12
9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Come by to register for door prizes! Masks are required.
Featured in 'Tis the Season
HOLIDAY GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE FROM DEPOT KITCHEN & MARKET
INGREDIENTS FOR HOLIDAY GREEN BEAN CASSEROLE
- Preheat your oven to 375F and ready an 8x10in baking dish. Fill the dish with thawed green beans and set aside.
- In a sauté pan on medium-low heat, melt two tablespoons of butter and add your olive oil and onions with a generous pinch of kosher salt. Cook on low until caramelized, stirring every five minutes or so.
- This should take about 20-30 minutes. Once caramelized, add in your minced garlic and mushrooms and cook for another 10 minutes.
- When the mushrooms have released and reabsorbed the liquid, add in the rest of the butter and flour and stir until the flour is incorporated.
- Add the half and half, fresh thyme and chives to the onion and mushrooms and bring to a low simmer. Stir and scrape the bottom of the pan to make sure nothing is sticking.
- Continue to simmer until the sauce thickens to your liking. Once thickened, add salt and pepper bits at a time until its to your liking. Once seasoned, pour over the thawed green beans and stir until it is all mixed.
- Bake in your oven for 30-40 minutes until it bubbles in the middle.
- Add the French’s fried onions evenly on top of the casserole and bake for another 10-minutes. Let cool and enjoy!